Professor Jayashree Muralidharan
Chief PICU and Emergency Units
Advanced Pediatrics Centre,
Post graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER)
- Professor, PGIMER Chandigarh, India
- Chief PICU and Emergency Units, Advanced Pediatrics Centre, PGIMER Chandigarh, India
Other Professional Activities (Current):
- Life member of Indian Academy Pediatrics (Central IAP)
- Life member of Chandigarh Chapter of I.A.P.
- Life member of Pediatric Intensive Care Chapter of I.A.P.
- Life member of Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine – ISSCM India
- Joint Member of the European Society of Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM) and European Society of Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care (ESPNIC).
- Joint Member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine (SCCM) and Pediatric Section of SCCM
- Member of Institute Ethics Committee, PGIMER
- Member of the ICMR Core Group on Development of National Child Health Research Guidelines
- Member of Hospital Infection Committee, PGIMER
- Member Institute Bio-Banking Committee, PGIMER
- Member of the Institute Antimicrobial Stewardship Committee
My areas of research include infections especially cerebral malaria, diphtheria, disseminated staphylococcal infections, bacterial pericarditis and nosocomial infections. Besides these I have great interest in endocrine issues in critically ill, diabetic ketoacidosis, fluid and electrolyte problems, health related quality of life after intensive care and poisonings.