Clinical Research Coordinator Level 1 Programme
The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) is a specialised research professional working with the research investigator to ensure smooth progress of the research project. The CRC Level 1 Programme is designed for CRCs with less than one year of experience who are interested in gaining knowledge about coordinating clinical trials. The programme offers a comprehensive introduction to the operations of clinical trial at site and practical, hands-on training. The application of core CRC skills is reinforced through classroom discussions, case scenarios, demonstrations and practice-based activities. This programme is also valuable for individuals seeking a new career as CRC.
The SCRI Academy was launched in August 2017 by Senior Minister of State (Ministry of Health and Ministry of Transport) to house the training efforts for CRCs. The SCRI Academy is part of the Singapore Clinical Research Institution (SCRI), which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Ministry of Health Holdings.
This training programme is funded by Ministry of Health and in collaboration with Health Sciences Authority, Singapore Health Services, National Healthcare Group, National University Health System, Nanyang Polytechnic.
- Describe the clinical trial activities from study initiation to closure
- Discuss the importance of Good Clinical Practice
- Understand the investigator and sponsor responsibilities in a clinical trial
- Define the requirements for ethics submissions, source documentation and essential documents
- Discuss the informed consent process
- Discuss strategies for subject recruitment and retention
- Prepare your site for a monitoring visit
- Define safety reporting guidelines
- Describe the process for management of investigational product at site
Who Should Attend
- CRCs with less than one year of experience
- Aspiring CRCs or CRCs with limited commercial trial experience
- At least a Diploma in Biomedical Sciences, Life Sciences, Nursing, Pharmacy or equivalent.
To register for the CRC Level 1 Programme, please email your completed Registration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the required supporting documents when the registration opens.
Click here for the Registration Form.
Registration is on a first-come first-served basis and priority will be given to CRCs core-funded under the NMRC CRC programme. Priority will also be given to CRCs from Singapore’s public healthcare clusters under Ministry of Health Holdings and/or under the WSG Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for CRC.
|Full Price||$2,895 (inclusive of 7% GST)|
|CRCs from Singapore’s Public Healthcare Clusters under MOH Holdings (After 90% subsidy)||$289.50 (inclusive of 7% GST)|
Professional Conversion Programme (PCP) for CRC
As part of Workforce Singapore (WSG)’s Adapt and Grow Initiative to provide greater support for mid-career Professionals, Managers, Executives and Technicians (PMET), the PCP for Clinical Research Coordinators (PCP-CRC) serves as a conduit for newly hired mid-career switchers to receive relevant training to transit to work as a Clinical Research Coordinator. Successful applicants are required to undergo the 12-week (about 3 months) CRC Level 1 training programme at SCRI Academy and meet the On-the-Job Training (OJT) requirements as part of the PCP.
a. Salary Support
- Standard Rate: 70% of salary support for the duration of the CRC Level 1 Programme (ie. 12 weeks), capped at $4,000 a month
- Enhanced Rate: 90% of salary support for the duration of the CRC Level 1 Programme (ie. 12 weeks), capped at $6,000 a month. (Applicable for Singaporean PMETs aged 40 years and above, or unemployed and seeking employment for six months or more)
b. Course Fee Support
- SCRI Academy Grant: 90% of course fees including GST (estimated $2605.50)
(*Applicable for CRCs from Singapore’s Public Healthcare Clusters under MOH Holdings (non-PCP and PCP))
The course fees, before Course Fee Support, is $2,895 (inclusive of 7% GST). (Note: The employer is required to make payment of $289.50 (inclusive of 7% GST) to SCRI Academy. Employers may wish to utilise internal employee’s Individual Training Fund or Department Training Fund for this payment.)
For more information regarding PCP for CRC, please contact email@example.com.
Participants who complete all modules of the programme and pass the examination will obtain:
- Certificate of Participation (Essentials in Clinical Practice) from Nanyang Polytechnic,
- E-Certificate of Achievement (Informed Consent & Subject Recruitment) from National Healthcare Group, and
- Certificate of Achievement (CRC Level 1 Programme) from SCRI Academy
For downloading of the programme brochure, please click here.
For enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.