Clinical Research Coordinator Level 1 Programme
*Please note that this page is currently under maintenance. Please refer to the SCRI LinkedIn page for the latest updates. Thank you.
- The Clinical Research Coordinator (CRC) is a specialised research professional working with the research investigator to ensure smooth progress of the research project. The CRC Level 1 Programme (Blended) is designed for CRCs with less than one year of experience and who are interested in gaining knowledge about coordinating clinical trials. The programme offers a comprehensive introduction to the operations of clinical trial at site and practical, hands-on training through the blended learning approach to provide flexible and effective learning. Participants will self-learn through the interactive study materials, followed by face-to-face (F2F) classroom sessions (physical or virtual) to reinforce the application of core CRC skills through classroom discussions, case scenarios, demonstrations and practice-based activities. This programme is also valuable for individuals seeking a new career as a CRC.
- The SCRI Academy was launched in August 2017 by the Senior Minister of State (Ministry of Health and Ministry of Transport) to house the training efforts for CRCs. The SCRI Academy is part of the Singapore Clinical Research Institution (SCRI), which is a business unit under the Consortium for Clinical Research and Innovation Singapore (CRIS), a wholly owned subsidiary of MOH Holdings.
- This training programme is funded by the Ministry of Health in collaboration with Health Sciences Authority, Singapore Health Services, National Healthcare Group, National University Health System, and Nanyang Polytechnic.
- Describe the clinical trial activities from study initiation to closure
- Discuss the importance of Good Clinical Practice
- Understand the investigator and sponsor responsibilities in a clinical trial
- Define the requirements for ethics submissions, source documentation and essential documents
- Discuss the informed consent process
- Discuss strategies for subject recruitment and retention
- Prepare your site for a monitoring visit
- Define safety reporting guidelines
- Describe the process for management of investigational product at site
Who Should Attend
- CRCs with less than one year of experience
- At least a Diploma in Biomedical Sciences, Life Sciences, Nursing, Pharmacy or equivalent.
- With current experience in CRC or equivalent duties
|Week Two (Full Day Class)
* This is an e-learning module. If required, guidance and support will be provided by the trainers via email.
Please note that the above schedule may be subjected to changes.
Participants will be given access to the e-learning materials one month before and after the F2F classroom sessions. Participants are required to complete all e-learning videos and quizzes by Week 7 of the programme.
This is only applicable if the F2F classroom session is conducted virtually.
It is mandatory to fulfill ALL the following minimum technical requirements:
- Use of PC or Laptop for MCQ Examination, as the system is not compatible on Mobile devices (e.g. mobile phone or tablets). You are also strongly encouraged to access the Zoom virtual class via a PC or Laptop for better learning experience as you need to refer to the training handouts while attending the class.
- Stable internet connection (3G or 4G/LTE), with minimum bandwidth of 600kbps is recommended. You can check your Internet bandwidth using www.speedtest.net or http://bandwidthplace.com/.
- Supported browser versions:
- Windows: IE11+, Edge 12+, Firefox 27+, Chrome30+
- Mac: Safari 7+, Firefox 27+, Chrome30+
- Linux: Firefox 27+, Chrome 30+
- Headphone (preferred) or speaker to listen in (built-in / USB plug-in / wireless Bluetooth)
- Microphone for class discussion (built-in / USB plug-in / wireless Bluetooth)
- Webcam (built-in / USB plug-in). It is compulsory to turn on the camera for the duration of the Zoom virtual class for attendance authentication.
To register for the CRC Level 1 Programme, applicants and their supervisors must complete the following electronic registration forms below.
[To be completed by Applicant]
Registration Form (Section C)
[To be completed by Supervisor / Reporting Officer]
Registration priority will be given to CRCs core-funded under the NMRC CRC programme. Priority will also be given to CRCs from Singapore’s public healthcare clusters under MOH Holdings.
|Full Price||$3,100 (inclusive of 7% GST)|
|CRCs from Singapore’s Public Healthcare Clusters under MOH Holdings (After 90% subsidy)||$310 (inclusive of 7% GST)|
Participants who have completed all modules of the programme and have passed the examination will obtain:
- E-Certificate of Participation (Essentials in Clinical Practice) from Nanyang Polytechnic,
- Certificate of Achievement (CRC Level 1 Programme) from SCRI Academy
For downloading of the programme brochure, please click here.
For enquiries, please contact email@example.com.