A/Professor Edwin Chan Shih-Yen
BSc, BVMS(Hons), PhD
Chief Scientific Officer, SCRI
Associate Professor, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore
Director, Singapore Branch Australasian Cochrane Centre
A/Prof Edwin Chan is the Chief Scientific Officer at SCRI. He also serves as the Director of Australasian Cochrane Centre’s Singapore Branch.
In SCRI, he has been instrumental in organising and conducting post-graduate research training in biostatistics, epidemiology, clinical practice guidelines development, meta-analysis and critical appraisal. Besides being an Associate Professor at the Duke-National University of Singapore Graduate Medical School, A/Prof Chan plays the role of expert advisor to the Ministry of Health on Clinical Practice Guideline development, on top of his training and advisory roles to healthcare institutes.
- Systematic review methodology for intervention, diagnostic and observational studies
- Critical appraisal methods for clinical research literature
- Clinical decision-making involving diagnostic and screening test strategies
- Maiwald M, Chan ES. The forgotten role of alcohol: a systematic review and meta-analysis of the clinical efficacy and perceived role of chlorhexidine in skin antispesis. PLoS One 2012: 7(9):e44277. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0044277.
- Sia AT, Tan KH, Sng BL, Lim Y, Chan ESY, Siddiqui FJ. Use of hyperbaric versus isobaric bupivacaine for spinal anaesthesia for caesarean section. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2013, Issue 5. Art. No.: CD005143. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD005143.pub2
- Lim KC, Wang VW, Siddiqui FJ, Shi LM, Chan ESY, Oh HC, Tan SB, Chow P. Cost-effectiveness analysis of liver resection versus transplantation for early hepatocellular carcinoma within the Milan criteria. Hepatology May 2014; DOI: 10.1002/hep.27135.