Study Design, Analysis & Reporting
Headed by Mihir Gandhi
Biostatistics services comprise:
- Design of clinical trials (all phases), observational studies (cohort, case control and cross-sectional), and validation studies for outcome assessment and diagnostic methods
- Grant and protocol development
- Generation of randomisation lists with appropriate block-size and stratification factors
- Statistical analysis planning and programming
- Systematic literature review and meta-analysis
- Statistical report writing and research manuscript preparation
- Consultation and training on study design, execution, analysis and reporting
Evidence-based treatments and practices are critical for optimising patient care using clinical research conducted locally and in other parts of the world. In turn, the quality of evidence depends on study design, sample sizes and conduct of the study.
To optimise research efforts, SCRI’s Biostatistics department helps clinicals in designing studies, selecting optimal sample size, and synthesising evidence generated from the study results.
Since its establishment in the early days of CTERU, the Biostatistics department has supported more than 100 studies, 150 grant proposals, 200 research papers, 200 workshops/seminars, and 1000 research consultations.
The department has evolved to become a scientific reviewer for grant agencies, scientific journals, ethics bodies, and pharmaceutical companies. It is also involved in training medical and biostatistics students for study designing and grant proposal writing, thus ensuring that future generations of clinical researchers have the best skills to produce quality studies.