Dr Shi Luming
MBBS, MSc (Clinical Sciences), MSc (Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics)
Head of Epidemiology, SCRI
Adjunct Assistant Professor, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore
Member, Cochrane Singapore
Dr Shi Luming is the Head of Epidemiology at SCRI. She has more than 20 years of experience in healthcare industry with core competence in research methodology, evidence-based medicine, public health, quantitative medicine, healthcare management, and disease surveillance. Dr Shi earned her MBBS in 1993, completed her MSc in Clinical Sciences in 2002 and further pursued her MSc in Health Economics and Pharmacoeconomics in 2008. From 2010 to 2013, she was a senior epidemiologist at the Ministry of Health. Dr Shi holds a dual appointment as an Adjunct Assistant Professor at Duke-National University of Singapore Graduate Medical School. She is also a member of the Cochrane Singapore.
- Clinical research and health services research
- Evidence-based medicine
- Public Health policy
- Health economic evaluation
- Systematic review and meta-analysis
- Observational epidemiological studies
- Lim KC, Wang VW, Siddiqui FJ, Shi LM, Chan SYE, Oh HC, Tan SB, Chow PKH. Cost-effectiveness analysis of liver resection versus transplantation for early hepatocellular carcinoma within the Milan criteria. Hepatology. 2015 Jan;61(1):227-37.?
- Tan WS, Tang CL, Shi L, Eu KW. Meta-analysis of defunctioning stomas in low anterior resection for rectal cancer. Br J Surg. 2009 May; 96(5):462-72.
- Chia SE, Shi LM, Chan OY, Chew SK, Foong BH. Parental occupations and other risk factors associated with nonchromosomal single, chromosomal single, and multiple birth defects: A population-based study in Singapore from 1994 to 1998. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003; 108:425-433.
Zheng Q, De Souza NN, Shi L, Chan ESY. A systematic review on compliance with QUADAS-2 application guideline. Abstracts of the 24th Cochrane Colloquium, 23-27 October 2016, Seoul, South Korea. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2016, Issue 10 (Suppl 2).
Agarwal PK, Shi L, Daniel LM, Yang PH, Khoo PC, Quek BH, Zheng Q, Rajadurai VS. Prospective evaluation of the Ages and Stages Questionnaire 3rd Edition in very‐low‐birthweight infants. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. 2017 May 1;59(5):484-9.
Chew SH, Ibrahim I, Yong YZ, Shi L, Zheng Q, Samarasekara Dujeepa D, Ooi Shirley. Factors influencing decisions to pursue emergency medicine as a career among medical students in Singapore. Singapore Medical Journal. 2017
Tan XW, Zheng Q, Shi L, Gao F, Allen JC, Coenen A, Baumann S, Schoepf UJ, Kassab GS, Lim ST, Wong AS. Combined diagnostic performance of coronary computed tomography angiography and computed tomography derived fractional flow reserve for the evaluation of myocardial ischemia: A meta-analysis. International Journal of Cardiology. 2017 Jun 1;236:100-6.
Zheng Q, Djohan AH, Lim E, Ding ZP, Ling LH, Shi L, Chan ESY, Chin CW. Effects of Aortic Valve Replacement on Severe Aortic Stenosis and Preserved Systolic Function: Systematic Review and Network Meta-analysis. Scientific Reports. 2017;7.
Raturi S, Zheng Q, Daniel LM, Shi L, Rajadurai VS, Agarwal PK. Nutritional intake and growth velocity in preterm extremely low‐birthweight infants in Asia: Are we doing enough?. Journal of Paediatrics and Child Health. 2017 Aug 18.